Friday 14 November 2008

Sentimental Value

I am supposedly doing my work on final year project reseach, but..nevermind. Just wanna drop some words here after so long silence. =)

It's been Week 7..and 5 more weeks to go before I can stop running here and there (for a while of course). Running ...chasing after the time..to meet the deadline.. to meet the requirements..what a busy life.

I used to keep myself exercising when it came to evening. That's me since I was seven. But now, I've to admit that, my life has changed a lot. No more time for playing and exercising at least three times a week. Again, what a busy life ever.

I also used to think that final year will be more like "lepak" year since I have ever seen so many empty slots in the 4th year schedule. Well, now I know that I am totally wrong. With 60 credits on Final Year Group Project for Master in Engineering [MEng] course, I need to (force myself) be at Uni from 9 to 5 every day, 5 days a week. I regard this final year is like a pre-working life for me. Why not? It teaches me how to work in real engineering field, being in a project group and most significant thing is, the feeling of needing to stay back at Uni as late as 8pm to finish work which I am not used to this. Going back home when it is already dark outside, arriving home with hungry stomach but no time to cook. Cooking is time consuming as said by a friend of mine, thus buying ready-made food is always an option. -Sigh-

Busy-ness also keeps me forgetting and delaying a lot of other (trivial but important) things. One of them is, to write a letter to my mom by hand. I believe that a mom will be delighted somehow to receive a hand-written letter from her children who are far away from her. Well, indeed we can just make a call or send a text to our beloved ones whenever and wherever they are, but you can't deny this, that a hand-written letter or card has sentimental value in it. Otherwise, why is the Pejabat Pos Malaysia always having bulks and bulks of Eid cards when it is about to celebrate Eidul Fitri ?

Because of the sentimental value, a proof of remembrance deep in someone's heart.

Try it and you will know the truth that lies in this words:

"What you give you get back."

=)

- Back to work -

1 comment:

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah,

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals" ~Henry Ford~

Stay focused!

Good luck in your final year.

Remember! Do things with ihsan - what muslims should always remember in everything that we do...

Wasalam...