Monday 31 August 2009

Internet... Internet...

My laptop crashed several times yesterday afternoon without me knowing the true reason behind that. The blue screen suddenly appeared and the system rebooted by itself without any prior notice.

After trying several attempts to open Control Panel in my effort to delete suspected sources of the problem but I failed, I decided to just re-format my laptop on my own. That's my first time doing this by myself. Gamble.

It isn't difficult to re-format laptop actually, just follow the instructions you see from the screen. I still remember my friends said, re-format PC is kind of you enter a house from the back door.

As everyone already knew, re-format will cause all the data in first partition (C:) to be erased. Consequently, I need to install all important software back now such as anti-virus and anti-spyware, the latest web browsers, iTunes, etc. The main problem that made me sooo fade up with this task was that, the extremely slow Internet speed in Malaysia.

Gosh, it's only 400Kbps for the one I'm using now and to download iTunes from the Apple website, for example, it takes 6 hours to complete! It was super duper fast back in the UK with 10Mbps broadband speed; downloading, uploading, streaming, buffering, and everything went soooo smooth. But now, it is 24 times slower compared to the UK. Can you imagine that? Even the most expensive package has downloading speed of only 2.4Mbps, still 4 times slower than the broadband speed in Britain. No wonder everyone in Malaysia is complaining. Arrggh! I want to go back to Manchester!

No comments: