Wednesday 19 August 2009

HIJACKED

I was checking my bank account in the UK via online banking this afternoon and suddenly I noticed that my money was decreasing. I was doubt, was there any purchase I made before I left the UK that the payment was only done now? If that is true, then it is completely strange because it has been more than two weeks since I left though and such payment shouldn’t be so late.

I studied the transactions made and to my surprise, there were two payments that have been direct debited from my account without my knowledge. I never set up such direct debits and never knew about the home insurance as stated there as the references.

Haish.

Waiting for the working hour time in the UK, I then made a direct call from Malaysia to the bank at 2.30am local time (7.30pm UK time) to report about the strange thing to the Helpdesk which is open from 8am till 10pm. Although the total money taken from my account was not as much as my friend’s case (she lost almost £900 from her account!) I am now relief that the guy on the telephone said to me not to worry so much since I have deleted the direct debits set up in my account and with assurance that the bank will refund my money back very soon.

I said to the guy before hanging up the phone, I wish this will not happen again in the future. Hopefully!

A NEW LIFE CAME…

I was so happy and excited on last Saturday that my best friend and her husband came to visit me at home, after one year of not seeing each other. What made me so eager to see her was that, I wanna see her with her big tummy of 36-week-pregnancy. Hehe.

She was so cute being a pregnant lady. (Smile ^_^) . The next day she told me via SMS that she was forced by her doctor to give birth on the next day to avoid complication on the baby due to some problems detected in her womb. I wished I could be at her side in the hospital the day she was warded, but I just couldn’t. But alhamdulillah, all praise be to Allah that both of them are now safe (and hopefully are in good health too). She has safely delivered her first son on Monday, 17th August 09, after about 4 hours bearing the pain due to an injection made on her.

And the baby was born exactly 3 months after my rose petal's (my cute nephew's) birthday. I am really looking forward to seeing her and her new-born baby very soon… =)

… AND ANOTHER LIFE'S GONE

Yesterday my family and I went to visit my uncle (my mom’s brother) at my another uncle’s house after she received a call from one of her sisters telling her the worse condition of my uncle. He was really ill and was facing the death that all his 7 siblings were already there to give him the last honor and respect before he leave. We all have an overnight there and came back home at 6 in the next morning.

Tonight, my mom received a call again from my aunt around 8.20pm to come to the house as quickly as possible. Sound like something even worst was happening, we then rushed there after performing Isya’ prayer.

There were quite some people in the house at the time we arrived, coming to see my uncle for the last time of his life, who was lying down weakly on a thin mattress on the floor, breathing fast and slow alternately, in a room.

I moved silently through the people, entering the room, and sat myself besides him. I joined some people reciting the Quran and kept praying to Allah SWT so that HE will make it easy for my uncle on his death and to put the syaitaan away from him that could bring my uncle going astray from Islam at the very last moment of his life. Meanwhile, my other two uncles were sitting at both sides of his head, teaching him the shahaadah (tauhid recitation to bear witness that there is no God besides Allah and Muhammad PBUH was His Messenger) at his ears so that he could recite it during his sakaratul maut and died as a Muslim.

I kept my eyes on him all the time, and finally I could see his breath became very-very slow that he was about ready to leave. His chest was no longer going up and down showing that he was breathing, but I could see his throat was still moving, the sign that he was coming to the end of his life. Eventually, every part of his body came to still. He died at 10.15pm at the age of 66. I didn’t cry though, yet I was satisfied enough to see him leaving peacefully.

My uncle was a bachelor until he died and used to live with my family when I was kid, taking care of us like a father (we were orphans at that time). He woke us up in the early morning to prepare us for school, made breakfast for us, sometimes brought us sightseeing around the village with his old bicycle, etc. He then stayed with one of his married brother when I was 17. He was not only kind to my siblings, but also to his other nephews and nieces.

We came back home at 2am after my mom had a discussion amongst her siblings on what to buy and what to do next for tomorrow morning. We shall go back there at 8am later for his burial ceremony.

May Allah SWT, The Most Gracious and The Most Just, will bestow him with His Mercy for what he had done good in this world.

Al-Fatihah.

5.49am, 19th August 09

No comments: